Sunday, March 15, 2009

Portland Shamrock 15K

I ran a good race, as fast as my training would allow, and satisfactory for Eugene Marathon training. I also captured practically the entire thing on video as I was running it, but it's almost 2GB in size, and therefore impractical to upload onto a shared player such as youtube. The snowshoe race video was too short, and this one is too long, so I have a good idea on optimal video length for future races. I can edit this one down, but it's just not that entertaining. Great to review performance, but it's really just running for miles in dreary rain. Capturing an entire race from start to finish in one take is kind of cool, but it would have to be a bit shorter to be easily viewable. Or, I could just learn to run twice as fast.


Record numbers this morning in the 8k, 5k, 15k, Leprechaun Lap and the 3.5 mile Stride. Sticking around afterword had diminishing returns, however, with the rain and wind in post-race clothing. I did stay for chowder and beer, but every hour spent socializing brought me a little bit closer to freezing. The beer garden tent was relatively warm in the middle of the huddle, exactly like those stupid penguins you see huddling together in a blizzard. "Why are you all huddling together like that, you stupid birds? Why don't you go somewhere warm?" And then the girl next to me looked at me quizically, and I realized I was a bit delusional.

No comments: