Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bob LaBlob's Law Blog

Great efforts by Americans Kara Goucher Ryan Hall at the Boston Marathon. Great analysis here: http://www.sportsscientists.com/2009/04/boston-marathon-analysis.html

The Eugene Marathon is approaching, and I'm still not able to promise a world-class performance on my own behalf. However, my training is stable, and my big miles have improved in quality. Coming off the 24 mile run on Easter Sunday, I ran:
Monday: zero / rest
Tuesday: 2 miles on the track
Wednesday: 9 miles easy
Thursday: 2 miles on the track
Friday: 11 miles easy
Saturday: 7 miles total, with 6 miles under 7-min pace
Sunday: 13 on trail

Kickboxing continues to improve my overall flexibility and strength and, along with the long run, gives me a supply of energy that lasts throughout the week.

No comments: